Monday, August 27, 2018

A New Song!

“Sing to the Lord a new song!” Psalm 96:1





God’s mercies are new every single morning! One of my favorite verses is from one of my least favorite books, Lamentations. I do not particularly like this book because it is a funeral song written by the prophet Jeremiah who was an eyewitness of the horrific devastation of the once glorious Jerusalem. In Lamentations 3:22-23, he writes, “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” 


Every day if we but open our eyes to God’s work in our lives and in the world, there is much to marvel at. Just this morning I was listening to Rosalind Moss, a Jew and an evangelical minister who converted to Catholicism after reading the writings of the early Church fathers.


“I remember the night I received the Eucharist. I don’t know how my body contained me because as the Eucharist went on my tongue I thought the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob whose name I couldn’t write or pronounce as a child, before whom no one could stand and live, (as God said to Moses), THAT God had entered history. The God who created time became man for our salvation, the unapproachable God of Mt. Sinai did that. And that God who entered history is now on my tongue!” 


How many of us miss the wonders of God because we are not present to the many graces of the Church and His Word? The marvels of the human body? The awesomeness of creation here on earth and out in the vast universe? Indeed our hearts will be filled with song and our souls will rise up in adoration at His love and faithfulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy