Monday, August 19, 2019

Scary Question

“What do I still lack?” Matthew 19:20



What a scary question to ask the Lord. I do not think I am brave enough to ask this question that the rich young man asked Jesus. I know that I lack sooooo much, and need to stay longer at Jesus’ feet to listen to Him. But there is never any condemnation with the Lord. When the young man went away sad, I am sure Jesus was sad with him and for Him. 

I know that because I lack so much, Jesus will say, “I will never leave you nor forsake you, even if you are not perfect, even if there is so much for you to learn, even if you are not strong enough to resist temptation, even if you are not generous enough, kind enough, loving enough to be like me. Let me reassure you that I am committed to you. I sent You my Holy Spirit so that nothing is impossible. I will finish the good work I started in You.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy