Wednesday, August 28, 2019

WOYWW: A Thousand Years

I always fall back on collage if I don’t have too much time to paint. 



“A thousand years in your sight are as yesterday...” Psalm 90:4



When we are young, time seems endless. Now that I am older, it seems the years pass so quickly. To God, our sojourn here on earth is like the blink of an eye. So I suppose, he also sees our sorrows and travails as fleeting and necessary for what He wants us to learn. But sometimes we just do not understand and have to repeat the lesson. 

A young Filipino farmer and a Texas rancher were conversing about their land. “See that tree over there? That is how wide my land is. How about yours?” The rancher responded, “If I take my car and drive for hours, I still will not see how wide my land is.” The farmer concluded, “I know what you mean! I had a car like that!” 

When we are older, hopefully we can see more clearly the hand of the Lord, how He has brought us places we never would have reached without Him. Let us not be like the young farmer who has such a narrow outlook, he only understands what he wants to understand. He cannot see beyond his personal experience. Whether we are old or we are young, we should pray, “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain wisdom of heart!” (Psalm 90:12) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy