Wednesday, October 16, 2019

End of the World


“Woe to you Pharisees! You pay tithes of mint and of rue and of every garden herb, but you pay no attention to judgment and to love for God.” Luke 11:42




What if we knew the end of the world was near? Would there be things we would do and things we would not do? Jesus oh instead of loving God as they should have. How about us? Is our time, money and effort poured into more worthy endeavors? 


The past three days I have been coughing like a dog and resting in bed. I was watching Youtube. I did listen to healing verses, and preachers Priscilla Shirer and Christine Caine, but most of the time, I was focused on a marathon of Downton Abbey videos. For three days! If the end of the world was eminent, I probably would not have been doing that! 


The world will not end tomorrow or the day after, but we need to begin as we mean to go on, to make a habit of weighing the things we do with the measure of eternity. For example, if we know that in God’s economy, the only things we keep are what we give away, we should waste more time helping others, and waste more money on the beloved people of God, the poor, the imprisoned, the voiceless. I need to keep reminding myself of this as it is not easy. It is easier to waste time on Instagram, and money on Shopee. But that is like paying tithes on herbs which Jesus despised in the Pharisees!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy