Thursday, October 31, 2019

WOYWW: God is For Us

I have not been posting on What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesdays for weeks! So here is something I started today. 







“If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31b


Sometimes I am overwhelmed with the many concerns I need to pray for. Our country with its many problems cannot answer the needs of the people. In fact with the new taxes, there are many more who are poorer than before. The traffic problem makes so many lives miserable, including our employees who cannot spend enough time with their families. Our money and our natural riches are being squandered and stolen.


We sorely need to lift up our Catholic Church, the Pope and some Bishops who are doing and saying things that confuse and mislead without explanation for some years now. 


Then we need to pray for our families, our work, those who are sick (so many!), and oh the myriad challenges we face. We can get insane if we think we know all the answers, and can find solutions to everything. That is why I look to the Bible for my answers. Indeed if God is for us, who can be against us? And just as God told the Jews: “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:14) Yes, be still. Every morning instead of prattling to God about my problems, I sit quiet and put my timer on, so that if the Lord wants to say something to me, He can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy