Sunday, October 27, 2019

Grateful


“I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall ever be in my mouth.” Psalm 34:2




There is so much we have to praise God for, we do not see even half of it, or even 1/10 or 1/1000 of all God’s gifts and blessings. I know a group of people who are going around Iceland now. Every night, they watch out for the Northern Lights. The first time, they had to go in search of it. They could not see the aurora by the naked eye, but they could view it on the camera. The second time, there was a snow storm, they almost gave up on it. But everyone prayed, and the clouds gave way to a magnificent show. The third time, the night was dark and clear and they had a treat of God’s awesome dancing lights. The next night, they could watch the Aurora from the window in their Airbnb! 


I asked about the neighbors. Were they watching the extraordinary display as well? No, they were tired of it already. Aren’t we just as complacent of the everyday miracles God gives us? Flowers, birds, clouds, water, cats and dogs, the amazing fine tuning of the universe, a baby in the womb, all these are gifts from our Heavenly Father. 


May I, O Lord, be always grateful for Your gifts! May I not be complacent and grow tired of praising You with my lips and my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy