Monday, June 08, 2020

Prayer Changes Us

“If I find favor with you, O Lord, do come along in our company. This is indeed a stiff-necked people; yet pardon our wickedness and sins, and receive us as your own.” Exodus 34:9 



In the New Living Translation, we read, “Yes, this is a stubborn and rebellious people, but please forgive our iniquity and our sins. Claim us as your own special possession.” In the ESV, it is translated in this way, “go in the midst of us, for it is a stiff-necked people, and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for your inheritance.” 

I love taking the prayers in the Bible as my own, and here is what Moses asked the Father, that He journey with us, come along as we live our lives. Moses is asking that God be not a distant God, an onlooker, but a part of our lives. We read in Exodus 33:11, “So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.” (NKJV). That is exactly what the Father wanted from the start when He created man, fellowship. God is love, and God loves each of us as if there’s only one of us to love. We are the apple of His eye. 

Sometimes we ask what is the use of prayer if we don’t get what we ask for. Prayer is not a grocery list and God is not the errand boy who buys the groceries for us. Prayer is the means by which we connect to God, get to know Him, form an intimate relationship with Him. With prayer, we do not change God, for He is the same yesterday, today and always. He is all good, always loving and forgiving, and more of everything we can ever imagine. When we pray consistently and faithfully, it is not God who changes. Prayer changes us.

I remember my father who could be impatient at times. When he had a bad mood, we would stay away from him. As he grew older, his bad moods got less and less and less. We all knew he was a prayerful man, and he would talk to God as he went about his day. No formula prayers for him, he would just converse with God. Towards the end of his life, when he was confined to his bed, he would sometimes tell us about his prayers. One time he could not turn on his laptop, and he talked to God for some time, ending with, “Can You fix this? “ God said, “Of course!” and the laptop turned on to my dad’s surprise. He had other stories like that and his face would light up when he shared them. 

Even if we are stiff-necked, hard headed, disobedient, the more we should pray. God never gives up on us. He takes delight in us, and always, always calls us home to Him. 

1 comment:

  1. MY TESTIMONY ON HOW MY HUSBAND WAS RESTORE BACK TO ME AFTER BEING UNDER A SPELL FOR SOME MONTHS,BUT DR OKOSUN A GREAT SPELL CASTER WAS A ABLE TO RESTORE HIM BACK TO ME.


    I want to thank Dr okosun a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend cameto my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr okosun and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: (drokosun12@gmial.com),or via WhatsApp (+2348136785662

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy