Monday, June 29, 2020

Who Do You Say That I Am?

“But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16




After Peter answered that he knew Jesus as the Christ, the Messiah, Jesus responded, “Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My heavenly Father.” If we are asked by Jesus this very same question, “Who do you say that I am?”, what will our answer be? 


In the same way that Jesus gave Peter a mission after Peter declared Jesus was the Christ, so too we are given the mission to build His Church here on earth if we answer the same way. I came across a vlog of Abby Borja yesterday. She is a model who came from a very poor family. They were always thrown out of their home because she was an illegitimate daughter. She decided to do her best in school, so she will be able to take care of her mother. She worked very hard, became a model, host, then started an events company. In her vlog, she told the story of deciding to buy her very first expensive car last December. She named that car ‘Snow’. She was going to finance it using the earnings from her van which did Lalamove deliveries. Unfortunately, there was a surfeit of Lalamove drivers, business slowed down, and she had to get rid of her driver. In January, the Taal eruption occurred, all the weddings in Tagaytay she was in charge of were cancelled. Then the pandemic! All her income dried up suddenly! All the while, while she is narrating her story, she is crying buckets of tears. But she declares, “If there is one thing I am sure of, my God is my provider, I shall not lack! “ She shared that, “Our source of income may be drying up, our food supplies low, our bills pouring in, yet we can still be glad and praise God, for the greater our need, the more obvious it is when God provides for it.”


A Chinese friend offered her the chance to sell PPE products, and she did very well marketing and selling, that she was able to make a million pesos in earnings after all her hard work. If you look at her Facebook wall, you will see that she is really squeezing all her talents and resources trying to survive, selling not only PPEs, but plants, acrylic barriers, even Kani Aburi Sushi Torei with avocado that I am tempted to order. Interspersed between her posts on what she is selling are her testimonies. “I know my God will provide because He is able. But even if He doesn’t, still I will praise the God of my salvation!” Amen! Abby is really able to answer Jesus’ question, and now more than 2.7 million people know that Jesus is Abby’s Lord and Savior! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy