Saturday, November 07, 2020

What I Need

“My God will fully supply whatever you need, in accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19




When I attended a retreat as a single woman, God gave me a vision, it was the first and last time He did that. It was very vivid and I remember it to this day, many many years later. I was in a beautiful garden, a wildly amazing, magnificent garden lush with beautiful plants, trees and colorful flowers. And Jesus was with me as we walked along a path. He said, “This is my garden. I am the gardener here. I take care of all of these plants. I prune each and every one of them. Come and I will show you a plant I do not prune.” He led me down the path to a dead, decaying tree. It was of course brown and shrivelled. “ I am sure you do not like to be like this plant.” 


Then He said, “I will go now. Where I am going, you cannot come. I am building your house. It is not a big house but it has everything you need.” True enough, through the many years, my God has supplied what I have needed. One time as I quieted my heart to listen, I felt Him saying: “Come and be comforted. When you are tired, in need of replenishment of your resources, I have an unlimited supply. When there is a job you need to do and you seek wisdom, I have an unlimited supply. If you need healing for your heart or body, there is healing in My wings. If you need a shelter from the storm raging around you, come and I will protect you. If you are caught between a rock and a hard place, I will give you escape. I am Your Father. There is nothing I will not do for you. Just trust. Seek to find me in the storm, in the difficulty, in the trial, in the questions. I am your Father, first and foremost. I was there in the beginning, in the middle, and I will be there in the end.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy