Monday, February 22, 2021

My Shepherd


"The Lord is my Shepherd..." Psalm 23:1




My husband likes to tell of the time he visited a shepherd and his flock. He offered to take care of the sheep while the shepherd took a rest.


"Well, you see that's the problem. See if they'll eat if you give them food."


 My husband got the food and called out to the sheep. They did not come near. When my husband would go near, they would move away warily. The farmer then explained, "They're nearsighted. They can’t see you. But they know my voice."


He called out, and they came to feed. In John 10:4-5, Jesus explains, "The sheep follow him because they know his voice. The sheep will not follow a stranger; they will run away from him, because they do not recognize the voice of a stranger." 


Do we know the voice of our Shepherd?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy