Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Luminous

"You are the light of the world." Matthew 5:14




Pope Francis said in his 2014 Angelus message that Christians should be luminous people who always give off light. We should be shining lamps, burning lamps in a dark world. How?


I think it should be by discovering our spiritual gifts, developing them, practicing and using them, and even asking God for more gifts! There are so many gifts that I’m sure there is one, two, three or more that would fit our personality and character. There is administration, celibacy, craftsmanship, discernment of spirits, encouragement, evangelism, faith, generosity, healing, helping, hospitality, intercession, word of knowledge, leadership, mercy, mission work, music, pastoring, prophecy, service, teaching, voluntary poverty, wisdom, writing, tongues and interpretation of tongues, and probably many more! We should get excited going through this list because it is God's way of empowering us to be channels of His goodness, His truth, His loving presence in the world! Imagine receiving a gift from somebody and not opening it. Highly impossible if it was me! I love opening gifts!


Imagine receiving many gifts from God and not knowing about it, not opening it, not using it! Lord, may I be determined and purposeful in finding my spiritual gifts! I want to use them and be a light of the world! Thank You for all my gifts and may I help others find their gifts as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy