Friday, July 28, 2023

Bearing Fruit

“But the seed sown on rich soil is the one who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold.” Matthew 13:23



I don’t know how many times my mother read through the whole Bible because she read her Bible every day as far back as I can remember. She was no Bible scholar but she had conviction that the Word of God was true, living, and active. 

There were many students who asked to interview her because they wanted to know about our business, papemelroti, for school requirements. So she would reserve  one day a week on the weekend to answer their questions and talk to them. After the students asked all their questions, she would say, “Now it’s my turn.” And she would ask them what they believed and she would tell them about the God of the Bible. Actually almost anybody my mom talked to, the conversation would turn to God. She didn’t waste any opportunity to evangelize. Whether she was conversing with a supplier, a customer, a BIR agent or government employee, she managed to turn the direction of the conversation to God’s work in our lives. 

My mom and I used to go to mass at 6 am every day, and then visit the Blessed Sacrament together. Afterwards, we would talk and talk and talk about all sorts of things. If there was a problem or a challenge, we would try to see it through God’s eyes. When I told her in the hospital that the doctor said she had cancer, we cried and hugged each other and trusted in God’s love. For many years after that, she confessed God’s Word on healing and found His consolation and strength. 

When she passed away, many came to tell me that my mom helped them not only by encouraging them, and loving them, but also financially. She liked helping people with their livelihood and their problems. Truly I see how the seed sown on rich soil bears fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy