Monday, February 12, 2024

All Joy

"Consider it all joy, when you encounter various trials, for the testing of your faith produces perseverance."  James 1: 2-3




How can we ever consider it a joy when we encounter trials? But it is possible with TRUST- Trust in God, that whatever happens, He will turn it for good.


My mother, after a long and difficult journey, went home to the One who loves her best last February 15, 2014, ten years ago. I still miss her. During her illness, when she was battling tongue cancer, there were times I would think that God was not making any sense and I struggled with trying to understand. But when I decided I did not have to understand, that I would just trust Him, then I had the peace and joy that comes even in the midst of trial and difficulty.


I was looking for a miracle, and God indeed gave me a miracle. I thought I would be devastated when my mother left us, for she was my best friend. We could talk and talk and talk. We could even quarrel and talk some more until we could understand each other. But I was not devastated, I was not even sad, when God brought her home. 




I had been looking for grief, but I could not find him! I believe you need grief to heal and move on. Grief is good. But you do not need to heal when there is joy and gratefulness in your heart! Heaven became so real for me that I was afraid of death no longer. God gave me this gift when my mom died. I did not know it was possible, but it is! God can indeed do the impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy