Thursday, October 31, 2013

Absolutely Nothing!!!

Sometimes I get bored with my drawings
so I trace instead.
I quite forget who this actress is,
but she looked so happy in this picture.

What I read this morning is a very reassuring verse
from the letter of Saint Paul to the Romans, chapter 8:38-39.
That is why I chose a picture that showed happiness!

"For I am convinced, that neither death, nor life,
nor angels, nor principalities,
nor present things, nor future things,
nor powers, nor height, nor depth,
nor any other creature will be able
to separate us from the love of God
in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Saint Paul, who had a direct line to heaven
was convinced, believed to his very core, persuaded
that nothing, absolutely nothing
could separate us, sever us, isolate us, block us off from,
divide us, disconnect us
from the unfailing, merciful, faithful,
encompassing, forgiving love of God.

Certainly not death, no principalities or powers, 
no enemies that want to destroy us, 
no evil spirits or lying men.

Nothing present in our life now,
our mental state, our physical condition,
the company we keep, our finances,
the way we think or feel, our unworthiness, 
even if we are convinced we do not deserve God's love!
All these cannot separate us from His love!

Nothing in our future-
our anxieties, uncertainties, doubt!
No height of absurdity, depth of despair.
Nothing in our past, no creature
in our past or present or future
who left us, who destroyed us, raped us,
shackled us, will be able to divide us from the love
our Father has for us.

Help me to see that You are always by my side!
Help me to be convinced as Saint Paul 
was convinced and sure of,
that You love me!

Do not allow anyone or anything to steal 
this knowledge from me!!!

art and faith workshops!

Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #13, Carole Robb Bisson,
There's always lots
of inspiration going on
in her blog!

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't been around to visit your blog for quite a while and I'm so happy I'm back! I've only read a few of your 31 days but all so beautiful! I like day 1 especially...are there rooms where you don't let Jesus in?? There is a scripture about our "secret hearts" somewhere, maybe you know where and I think of that as the place where we can begin to let Jesus into our complete selves. It's hard to put into words. Anyway, your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy