Monday, October 28, 2013

Saint Jude, Saint of the Impossible!

Today is the Feast Day of Saint Jude.
He is known as the Saint of the Impossible, 
of Desperate and Hopeless Cases!

After Jesus prayed, he came down from the mountain
and chose 12 men to be his apostles.
One of them was Jude, the son of James.
Not much is known about him, but there is one
story about a Turkish King who heard about Jesus.
The King was desperate as he was ill,
so he sent an artist to paint Jesus'portrait
along with a letter requesting healing.

Jesus sent Saint Jude and the King was healed.
This is why when St. Jude is portrayed,
he is holding a picture or image of Jesus.

We too are emissaries of Jesus.
The word apostle is taken 
from the Greek apostolos,
meaning one who is sent.
Jesus sent His followers, those who believe in Him,
to preach the Word and lay hands on the sick.
I believe we are still being sent to do this today!

Like Saint Jude, we too bear Christ's image.
Let us practice being Jesus to others.
Bring them light, good encouragement,
lay hands so they will be healed.

 My sisters and I have been laying hands on the sick,
taking Jesus at His word,
and laying claim to His promises.
Some have been healed in the name of Jesus
and by the power of the Holy Spirit.
And we have encouraged others to do the same,
and they too have been excited 
at what God is doing through us.
Let us practice being Christ to others!
And I believe, if we consistently do this,
we will see the impossible become possible!

"Dear friends, build yourself up in faith
and praying in the Spirit,
keep yourselves in God's love...."
Book of Jude verse 20

Praying for the safety of
my blogfriends and everyone
in the UK as the massive storm
nicknamed St. Jude
barrels through.
May God cover you all
with His mantle of protection!


Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #13, Carole Robb Bisson,
There's always lots
of inspiration going on
in her blog!



Blessings,
Patsy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy! How could I forget the feast day of one of my favorite saints. Maybe I was purposely led to your blog for the reminder.

    St. Jude has always reminded me that no matter what happens, I should trust in the Lord and believe that life will always get better.

    Great post, artwork and a heartwarming message too.

    Thank you, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Just found your blog...and joined.
    Nice Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patsy! Thank you for that verse from Jude. I will meditate on that. St. Jude--help of the hopeless. I've known that since I was a little girl. And my heart has always been drawn to St. Jude's Hospital for children which helps children with hopeless illnesses and lack of financial resources.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to lay hands on people and pray for healing. I didn't know all of these things about St. Jude. So glad I know now -- I know some people who will be blessed by this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great did Jude turn out- and I love the flecks of gold

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy