Friday, October 25, 2013

Paint Party Friday: Wretched Man!


I had a difficult time picking a verse
from this morning's readings
and eventually ended up with:
"Who will deliver me
from this mortal body?"
Paul asked this in his letter
to the Romans (7:24)
He claimed to be a wretched man.

 If Saint Paul was a wretched man,
what about us????

There is a story of a young man
who carelessly mocked a preacher,
"You say sin is a heavy burden?
I don't feel anything!
How heavy is sin?"

And the preacher answered:
"If you dropped a 500 lb load
on a corpse, would he feel it?"
"of course not," the young man said,
"He's dead after all!"

"If a person doesn't know God,
he is dead.
And he won't feel the weight of sin."

I confess I am not like Saint Paul.
I do not feel the weight of sin
and call myself wretched
most of the time!!!
God in His goodness 
has made an escape hatch for us-
we have only to turn to Him
and ask forgiveness.
Do we make use of this gift
God has given?

"If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just
and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness."

1 John 1:9

Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #11, Peggy Gato of 
Visit Peggy for  a wide range 
of inspiration!


Linking with

Sometimes I put on my best pajamas and
join these wonderful blog parties!!!
So many WONDERFUL blogfriends to discover!

Thank you for dropping by!
You are appreciated!
Patsy

14 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy, this post Really spoke to me today. My mom always said she was like Paul--the greatest sinner of all--she too felt the weight of sin--I want to realize it more so that I will run to Him sooner and more often to be forgiven. Great, great post. Thank you! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thoughtfull post, very nice work. Happy PPF - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post. Love your piece. Your girls are always awesome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Thank you for posting with us this week. Your beautiful work really is appreciated by so many. Come back soon!
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your girl! Very nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. . . St. Paul was a murderer before he repented and God forgave him. He used Paul in many ways for His glory and our teachings. Good analogy and painting. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your words and art to go with it. While I am fully aware of my sin nature, I feel that, if I always talk about how terrible I am, that I am not walking in my identity in who Christ says I am, that I am dishonoring Him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:39 AM

    Patsy, I love all of this: your post, your piece... And how true it is! When you are spiritually dead, you cannot feel the heavy weight of sin... Father, may I always feel discomfort from sin so that I instantly desire to turn to you for guidance!! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, thoughtful post. I love your work and seeing the different stages of progression

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art always blesses me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, as always, Patsy. And that story about dropping 500 lbs on a dead man - wow! Perfect. Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so sweet. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I felt the weight of sin before I even knew the Lord - I just didn't realize what was weighing me down. Love watching your little lady appear on your painting.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy