Sunday, October 13, 2013

Persevere and Reign!


Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!

"If we have died with Him
we shall also live with Him.
If we persevere we shall also 
reign with Him."
2 Timothy 2:11-12

Today I am thinking of Mike Joseph, Jr.
who passed from this life to heaven
last Thursday.
When he was young, he had a dream that
he died and went to heaven.
At the gates an angel met him and asked,
"What do you think you are doing?"
"I'm passing through!"
The angel said, "Go back. 
You have to come back when you've brought
many people with you!"
And that is what Mike has been doing
ever since he was young!
He taught young people how to evangelize.
He started Christ's Youth in Action in the 80s,
a university campus outreach that has 
changed many people's lives, including my husband's!

He did not slow down as he got older.
In the last Harvest Conference which was 
about how to evangelize,
he said that he believed it is his calling to
equip missionaries to go to the ends of the earth!
My husband still remembers when
Mike would bring students to the red light district
and they would practice how to speak to
anyone about Christ!
Or how, after reading a book about
St. Damien, a priest who volunteered to serve lepers
in Molokai, Hawaii,
he invited brothers to go with him to the Tala Leprosarium
to give the lepers the good news!

Mike, I salute you!
You were one of the founding members of our community,
Ligaya ng Panginoon, the Joy of the Lord Covenant Community.
You were the Community's first Covenanted member.
Here is what Bingo Soriano, one of our 
leaders in community said, " For the past 38 years, 
since the inception of Ligaya, 
Mike has always been at the cutting-edge of evangelization 
and community-building. 
And through it all, he remained a humble, simple, 
and loving brother, father, and disciple."

He gave his life to spread the Gospel,
I do believe he was welcomed in heaven
with shouts of jubilation,
a favored son coming home at last!
"Well done, my good and faithful servant."
Matthew 25:21 


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #13, Rita Dua who likes to 
paint her own rainbows in her blog,


Sometimes I put on my best pajamas and
join these wonderful blog parties!!!
So many WONDERFUL blogfriends to discover!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is so beautiful, Patsy. Thanks for stopping by to link with Still Saturday at Pollywog Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, soulful work, radiant! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful artwork Patsy, just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:25 PM

    I love the contrast of her dark hair and the red flower. Once again, your talent amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful artwork! I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Mike. He sounds like a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful illustrations, Patsy. The words touched my heart tonight. Glad to have you join us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Choose me.

    Marilyn
    toody7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy