Wednesday, October 09, 2013

WOYWW: Let Your Kingdom Come!

My work space is relatively empty today
but that is because I have been in bed
since Thursday and all my mess is in my bedroom!!!!

I was reading The Lord's Prayer this morning,
"Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come...."
(Luke 11:1-2)

What does that really mean?
I have memorized this prayer
since I was a little girl,
as have most of my readers,
I presume.

When we pray, "Thy Kingdom come,"
what are we really asking for?

In God's Kingdom, Heaven,
there is no sickness.
I have been confessing this verse
over and over again for my mother
who is sick and in need of a miracle.

In God's Kingdom, there is no fear, no anxiety.
Perfect love casts out ALL fear.
(1 John 4:18)
I am claiming this for my mother too,
and for all the family.

In God's Kingdom, we are all
His Sons and Daughters, inheritors
of His treasures, which is not subject to decay.
It will not rust, it cannot be stolen, it will not need dusting
or polishing or being brought to 
the cleaners or to the repair shop.

In God's Kingdom, there is no self pity,
there is no depression, no need for drugs like 
Proxeilicaine (I made that up!).
There is no envy, no poverty, only generosity.
There are no corrupt politicians,
no pedophiles, no murderers, no one who
"kills" even with one's thoughts or words.
No hurricanes and killer floods.

In God's Kingdom, it will be like Eden.
No pollution. Only beauty.
Sometimes we see glimpses of God's Kingdom 
here on earth.
We see how beautiful He made this earth to be
in some beautifully untouched place
in the mountains or at the beach
or even in a place filled with love!

We can bring God's Kingdom here on earth
as His hands, feet and mouth.
When we cast out fear for the future
we are more generous with what we have
and do not keep it all for ourselves.
When our conversation is not peppered
with gossip but full of encouragement and support
for each other, we bring His Kingdom down to earth.

Yes, Lord, let Your Kingdom come,
and let SOME of it COME
because of ME!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!


Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #19, Marilyn Lamoreux,
who wrote "Pick me! Pick me!"
in her comment!


21 comments:

  1. Your painting turned out wonderfully :) hugs Nikki Happy WOYWW No Desk # yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paint is gorgeous. I have wondered the about the same thing. Happy crafting #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting this week. Hope you're not feeling poorly being in your bedroom n all. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #14

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed watching your creative process. Reciting The Lord's prayer is a great way to start the day. Happy WOYWW! #84

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple thing really, the words "Your kingdom come" but so hard when you realize that it means letting go of our kingdom (way of being, doing, thinking, etc.) I love how you present that though in your post...reminding that as we leave one thing and reach for another that we usher in His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patsy
    I am saying a prayer for both you and your mum that you will both feel so much better really soon. Not being well can hold you back in so many areas so I hope things improve for you real soon
    Happy WOYWW and wishing you a great week
    Ria #50

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear sweet Patsy,
    The Lords prayer needs to be meditated on just like you are doing here in your post. Lovely painting.
    We are so blessed to see this beautiful work of art and are thankful you post your cards in our challenge.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    Like us on Facebook for lots of fun, prizes and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Your art is so beautiful and inspiring... I feel completely peaceful.... Can I come live at your house to soak up your art?
    Pinning!!!


    :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sending positive thoughts, prayers and a great big for you and your mum.....I hope that you find solace in each other.
    Meanwhile your painting is as beautiful as ever, you are very talented......thank you for visiting earlier..
    Hugs, LLJ 44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful words on wisdom in your post today.....very thought provoking and so true. Loving your art work too! TFS and Happy WOYWW! Danie #16

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. My mess and I have been in my bed since Thursday too! Hopefully whatever has been keeping you there is alleviated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your painting is beautiful :)

    claire #77

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful hand drawn ATCs...absolutely gorgeous.

    Alessandra #88

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, as always!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Peggy, lovely to see your art as always, sorry your Mum is ill, always such a worry. Annette #7

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always enjoy my visits. Your artwork is so inspiring, on so many different levels!

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (19)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, full of soul and love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patsy, your work is beautiful and inspired! We would love for you to apply for our Design Team at Scrapping Everyday Miracles! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/10/we-are-having-design-team-call.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. His Kingdom Come! Yes, oh how we pray that, but seem to not listen to our own words! That God would truly be able to touch us where we are, so that no matter what we are going through....we know that He is near! Beautiful! UNITED, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful artwork again, Patsy. Thank you so much for sharing it with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy