Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WOYWW: Nada de Turbe

A glimpse at my work space.
Nothing of much interest to see I guess
except my dirty water and a pile of dirty rags!!!

I read from the Psalms today:
"Only in God is my soul at rest; from Him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my stronghold;
I shall not be disturbed at all." Psalm 62:1-2

This reminds me of St. Teresa de Avila's prayer,
Nada De Turbe:

"Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing dismay you,
Everything passes,
God does not change.
Patience overcomes everything,
Who has God lacks nothing.
God alone suffices."

Yes, Lord,
may nothing disturb me.
May I be able to retreat with you,
calm, knowing that You are in control,
that there is nothing impossible with You!
Even if there is turmoil all around,
my mother needing a lot of prayers and caring,
a 7.2 magnitude earthquake in Cebu (part of the Philippines)
brought a lot of destruction,
our Congress embroiled in blatant  corruption,
yet will I trust in You
and be not disturbed.

Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #26, Marty Harding who has a great post
on creativity in her blog,



10 comments:

  1. My prayer too Patsy. Have a peaceful day no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found you as you forgot your number. Thanks for the prayer today just what I needed right now. BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Patsy
    Oh, our government here in South Africa is also staggering from corruption, dear one. Our economy is going downwards fast because of strikes for higher and higher wages and people lose their jobs by the thousands because of that, and yet my heart rejoice with you in our Lord Jesus for this is all the birth pains He has spoken of!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your painted ladies..and this one is so serene and calm. A fitting picture to accompany your prayer...
    Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patsy
    you mention a messy desk which is not that bad and you didn't mention the lovely picture which became part of your beautiful journal which always gives such a lovely message for us all to take with us for the day.
    Happy WOYWW have an enjoyable week hugs Ria #22

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Love the quote. An no, your desk is positively pristine compared to mine - and some others I am far too polite to name and shame :)
    As ever your paintings are so lovely....

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (26)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely lovely post and beautiful piece of art, as always. You have such a sweet heart, patsy, and I LOVE seeing your deep love for the Lord as it shines through your art work. Have a blessed week and thanks SO MUCH for sharing your talents with us.
    Praise God!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your art and scripture inspiration. Kim #107

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy