Sunday, October 27, 2013

On Humility



"The one who humbles himself
will be exalted." Luke 18:14

There are many misconceptions about humility.
One might say that it is thinking oneself
more inferior than others.
But I think humility is knowing the truth
about oneself,
knowing one's place in the world.
Seeing ourselves through the eyes of God,
our Creator.
Knowing that we need Him.

If we are talented, beautiful, intelligent, creative,
we should know it and be grateful.
We should be confident in our abilities,
knowing that God in His goodness
has given us our talents for a purpose-
to bless us and more so, to bless others!

BUT we should always always know that 
we are NOT better or superior to others.

Rabbi Israel Salanter said,
“I know that I have the mental capacity 
of a thousand men, 
but because of that, my obligation 
is also that of a thousand men.”

This is a perfect example of Luke 12:48-
"To whom much is given,
much is required."

How much has been given to you?
Do you use it to enrich yourself
or to bless others?

Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #11, Peggy Gato of 
Visit Peggy for  a wide range 
of inspiration!


Linking with

Sometimes I put on my best pajamas and
join these wonderful blog parties!!!
So many WONDERFUL blogfriends to discover!


4 comments:

  1. It is true. We should give more if we are blessed more than others:)
    Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insights on humility! Yes, we can be confident and humble at the same time when we acknowledge God as the Source of all blessings. Our competence comes from God. To God alone be all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how lovely your art is, and what a beautiful message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I totally agree with you. I do a teaching on humility in our discipleship school and always say it's being known for who you are and who you aren't.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy