Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Give Alms!


Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!

"Give alms, and behold everything 
will be made clean for you." Luke 11:41

Jesus said this to some Pharisees who were
judging Him for not prescribing to the ritual washing
before the meal.
Spurgeon says that if we are filled with 
love and mercy for others,
when we help others, 
then we cleanse our heart of selfishness,
and thus we are made clean.

Alms giving seems an easy way 
to make ourselves clean before God.
Is it really?
"The only thing that saves us is the power of God.
How is it manifested?
Through self-sacrificing love.
That is the love that moves the planets and the stars,
that is the love that is the opening of the door
to the transcendent mystery,
the true source of communication, 
our connection to God."

The more we give alms,
the more we serve others,
the more we show mercy,
the more we connect to the source of love!
Help us Lord, to see with Your eyes
those we need to help.
Give us the grace to be Your hands and feet,
to give alms, to love, to show mercy,
to those who are most precious to You!

I'm going to be on the look out today
for someone I can give alms to!



Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #26, Marty Harding who has a great post
on creativity in her blog,

Sometimes I put on my best pajamas 
and join these great parties! 





Blessings,
Patsy

1 comment:

  1. Patsy, Seeing the scriptures on your art is so wonderful. This is so beautiful. We hope to see you again next week with more projects.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy