Wednesday, October 02, 2013

WOYWW: Angels Watching Over Me!


Here is my entry for the messiest desk on 
My journal in the middle (courtesy of several cups 
of Starbucks coffee!),
on the right of it is a USB with the 2nd episode 
of Downton Abbey 4, courtesy of my niece,
on top of that is my son's new design of a small notebook
the little yellow bottle is Pyralvex
 (because I have a little sore
on my tongue I am nursing diligently),
and on the left, my little painting for yesterday's
first post for 31 Days.

"For to His angels He has given command about you
that they may guard you in all your ways."
Psalm 91:11
I don't think much about angels,
but I do know they are nothing like 
the cherubic images we see
in figurines or children's books!
They are WARRIORS!!!

I like to think of having my own set of warriors
following me and guarding me-
or at least one of them anyway!!!

There are a whole lot of verses 
about angels in the Bible,
273 to be exact.
The word "angel" comes from the 
Greek aggelos which
means messenger.

God sends angels to protect us (Exodus 23, Psalm 34:7),
patrol the earth like watchmen in the night (Zech. 1:10),
remove dangers (Mt. 13:14),
and send God's messages to us.
Perhaps we don't recognize their voice
like Joseph or Job,
but they minister to us the same way
they ministered to Jesus after the 
devil tempted Him in Matthew 4:11.
We can read in Hebrews 1:14 that
angels are ministering spirits
sent to serve those who will inherit salvation.

Once I was very near an accident.
A truck crashed into a car in front of him.
The car was right beside us and could have
veered towards us.
My husband was watching helplessly
from the rear view mirror as he saw the truck 
bump the car.
I heard the crash and turned to see the car's hood
crushed underneath the big truck in front.
Amazingly no one was hurt in this accident! 

I think angels were at work there!
Thank you Lord for the warrior angels you send to 
protect us and our loved ones,
and also minister to us when we need it!

Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!


This week,
Random.org chose
 #19, Marilyn Lamoreux,
who wrote "Pick me! Pick me!"
in her comment!
Unfortunately I'm going to have to google her!
When I click on her name ,
it goes to Yahoo OpenID!


24 comments:

  1. Absolutely love that you posted about angels! I do like knowing that my guardian angel is a warrior. I absolutely love the blue painting on the printed page too--so beautiful as are all your angels here! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, as usual. I just love the scriptures you use. Happy crafting #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hardly the messiest Patsy - lovely as always!
    Hope you are enjoying your book!

    Create With Joy - 7
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Wow! I love your blog...it's so inspiring! I was looking at the WOYWW blog from someone else I follow and clicked on your link for fun. Thank you for sharing your spiritual journey with us, through your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patsy, as always your illustrations bring to life the truths of scripture and are a blessing to me. :-)

    And I dunno about the messiest desk, I think I've seen far worse, lol. Yours just looks busy and creative!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the kind comments.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your artwork is so amazing as always!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful interpretation of angels. I hope my angel protects me as well as yours protects you. :-) April #17

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the beautiful angel you have created for this scripture! I also love the promise found in this wonderful verse!

    Is that paint I see on your remote control? Fun to see the evidence of your multi-tasking!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Lynn #19

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to know how Starbucks played into your journal. I love the cover, is there more inside? Kim #22

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen messier desks for sure
    and lovely painting you've done hugs Nikki 21

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thunk we have a tie for messy. Love your angel. Peg R #29

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how absolutely lovely - what an amazing eye for detail you have! Stunning work!
    Hugs! Kelly #30

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:02 PM

    Happy WOYWW - and congrats on the #2 spot. Hope the sore on your tongue is getting better - they can be so painful. Love your painting - interesting to see the different layers building up. Ali x #52

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, how wonderful to see all the step-bu-step photos and how your artwork came together! I always find it fascinating to watch other artist's processes, thank you so much for sharing!

    Kate #51

    ReplyDelete
  15. So good to read about angels today Patsy, I needed that! Like the new notebook design, Im attracted to bird prints! Ah Downton abbey is doing so much for our GB brand???dare I say I find it a bit slow??!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:15 AM

    Lovely desk Patsy but you're going to have to work harder than that to achieve Messiest Desk of the Week, lol! Love the angels artwork and the stories you shared, we all need a guardian angel that's for sure.

    Hugs
    Brenda 6

    ReplyDelete
  17. I guess I'll have to wait until January to view Downton Abby Season 4. Great art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of viewing angels as warriors than little cherubs. That makes them far more meaningful to me. Great art as always! I don't think you win the prize for messiest desk though. You are in the top 10 though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this, and nice seeing how it started and how it finished. i believe angels are always watching over us Lx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love my Angels. DH did and in depth study on them and preached for about three weeks on the subject - fascinating!
    glad you're enjoying DA - I love it, do you think Lady Mary will match up with Tom?!?!?!
    Bishopsmate #97

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful post with beautiful, special angels. And I like the way you view angels as warriors. That really makes sense. Thanks for sharing your angels and the meanings. Thank God you were saved from the accident. Have a wonderful week. Rasz #89

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so thankful for God's angels that He uses to help and protect us! Just this morning, my youngest daughter prayed with me about a situation we were facing, and asked God to send His angels to help.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your work inspires so many to focus on the One who created us.
    This is beautiful. We thank God for you and hope to see you again next week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks again for joining us at Word Art Wednesday. We so appreciate your faithfulness in supporting us. As always, your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy