Thursday, October 17, 2013

Devoured by Lions

Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!


It is the Feast Day of St. Ignatius of Antioch today.
I had never heard of him before
so I had to do some research.
He was the 3rd Bishop of Antioch,
and a student of John the Apostle.
His letters written to Christians in Asia Minor and Greece
are preserved and are a source 
of encouragement and inspiration.
"I am God's wheat," he wrote,
"and I shall be ground by the teeth of beasts,
that I may become pure bread of Christ."

"I prefer death in Christ to power
over the farthest limits of the earth."

True enough, he was martyred in year 107,
when he was sentenced to death for not denouncing 
his Christianity,
devoured by lions in a public arena.

We are blessed to be living in a time and place
where we will not be brutally
put to death for our beliefs.
But there are many places in the world today
where Christians are being persecuted.
Syria, Burma, Mauritania, Egypt, Pakistan, etc.
Visit Persecution.org and Charisma News to read about
present day persecution.

Let us join Churches across the world
to pray for our brothers and sisters
who are being harassed and even killed
for their faith.


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #26, Marty Harding who has a great post
on creativity in her blog,




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder of the blessing we have to live where we are not persecuted for our faith. Thanks so much for sharing us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy