Friday, October 04, 2013

PPF: The Proverbs 31 Woman

Join me as I do 31 Days of posts,
writing from the HeART!
You'll find other fascinating posts
on The Nester, all doing a series of 31 Days!!!


I'm taking the MADE e-course, and for this week,
we are taking up the Proverbs 31 woman.
Here, the mother of King Lemuel
describes to him the qualities to look for in a wife.

"Listen, my son! Listen, son of my womb!
A wife of noble character who can find?

    She is worth far more than rubies.
 
Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
 
She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.

She gets up while it is still night;

    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
 
She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
 
She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
 
She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.

She opens her arms to the poor

    and extends her hands to the needy.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;

    she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
 
She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
 
Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
 
“Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
 
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."


This is a picture of the ideal woman, 
the perfect woman.
I guess if we aim for being the perfect woman,
we will be disappointed in ourselves!
I think we can only pray 
to be better than yesterday.
One step at a time...
being focused, intentional,
purposeful, goal-oriented.
I'm asking myself,
"Where do I want to improve
so that my husband will praise me and say,
"You surpass them all!"?


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #19, Marilyn Lamoreux,
who wrote "Pick me! Pick me!"
in her comment!
Unfortunately I'm going to have to google her!
When I click on her name ,
it goes to Yahoo OpenID!


Linking with

Sometimes I put on my best pajamas and
join these wonderful blog parties!!!
So many WONDERFUL blogfriends to discover!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Patsy, good luck with the mammoth job ahead. Happy PPF, Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull in from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the flowing writing in her hair! Love that passage, too - something to live up to every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Perfect Women.... too much pressure... Your piece is lovely. Hope you enjoy the challenge. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your illustration of the Proverbs 31 woman! Beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that writing in her hair... works beautifully...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, i love the writing in her hair, too. plus she has such pretty content face. very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purposeful and intentional, Patsy, two very key words! Beautiful art today, one of my favorites! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patsy, you have encapsulated the beauty of the Proverbs 31 woman really well here. This is an inspiration to us all.
    Thanks for sharing at Essential Fridays.
    Blessings
    Mel from Essential Thing Devotions

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to have this piece. The word in and as her hair does it for me. How beautiful. You've quietly inspired me for weeks. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work - and some of my favorite words to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite is the writing in her hair....sooooper !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Patsy - this piece really speaks to me!
    I love the verses woven in her hair.
    Thanks for always being such an inspiration to us all!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy