Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bloom and Bear fruit

On my desk. My journal, acrylic paints, a brush, 
a rag, water.

On my journal:
a reading from Colossians 1:
This Gospel, already present among you,
is bearing fruit
and growing throughout the world,
as it did among you 
from the day you accepted it
and understood the gift of God
in all its truth.

We had a four day weekend,
but it rained the whole time from
typhoon Nanmadol (what a name!).
So instead of going to the beach,
I was able to do some art.
Both of these canvases are about
blooming and bearing fruit.
When we read the Word of God,
it will work in us and through us.
Even if we think we are not 
growing, we are!
The Word will not return to God 
without any effect on us. 
We will bloom and bear fruit.

Joining the lovely Julia for a 
peek at desks and projects!
and linking up with 


Why don't you join us?

12 comments:

  1. I love that vibrant tree! And your message, that God's word is working in us, even when we might not be aware of it -- now that gives me hope and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Sweet post - and such a good Word! You've brought the essence of this verse to life through your art! Bravo!
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love that tree - the flowers are absolutely wonderful...Thanks for the peek! Sarah (at 4)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your canvasees! The flowers are so tactile and your drawing is fabulous! Sorry about your rain. We actually had one of the few "perfect" weekends in the last year here in Washington State in the US. Thanks for sharing your WOYWW, and keep up the great work! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love how you've done the tree and the blossoms, really, really beautiful. I could happily have that as a work of art on my wall :) Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your ladies and the flowers! Very nice.
    : )
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tree, and such true words, very similar to something else I read this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love coming here every Wednesday, you always inspire me in so many ways. You are a very talented artist.
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely in love with the tree canvas. The fruit is so vibrant! Do you make your art available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Patsy, your calligraphy is wonderful..I cannot change 'fnt' so readily; your example reminds me to be patient and practice! I second what Tertia says too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your canvases are terrific. Both the tree and the gal with her flowers are so inspirational. Have a super WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful canvases and as always it's an inspiring joy to read your post. Glad I got here even if it's late.
    Love JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy