Monday, November 12, 2012

School of Faith

"He who is faithful in a very little thing
is faithful also in much."
Luke 16:10

I believe that we are in a "school" of life,
and that we graduate on to bigger things.
God is our very compassionate teacher
who knows our personality,
our character, our strengths and weaknesses.
If we are faithful in little things,
God gives us bigger things to be faithful
and trustworthy about.

"She from her poverty, 
has contributed all she had."
Mark 12:44

The widow in this gospel story,
gave ALL she had.
This widow demonstrated that 
she knew she had a rich Father in heaven.
Do we demonstrate by how we use money
that we have a Father in heaven 
who knows what we need and provides it?

I have to confess that sometimes 
I think about the future with anxiety.
When we built our house,
we used up all our money,
so now we are saving for our retirement.

"Increase our faith," 
the apostles asked the Lord.
I also ask God the same-
increase my faith, Oh Lord!

"If you have faith the size of a mustard seed,
you would say to this mulberry tree,
'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,'
and it would obey you." Jesus replied.

Does this mean my faith is tinier
than a mustard seed?
How do I make it grow?
One way is by reading the Bible ALOUD.
"Faith comes from what is heard,
and what is heard comes through
the Word of Christ." Romans 10:17

Another way to increase our faith
is to act on it.
Do not wait to feel you have faith,
"go out into the deep".
The Lord is with us on our journey.
He knows everything
we are going through.
Whatever loaves and fishes
of faith we give Him,
He will multiply!

The third way is to keep a journal.
This is a great way to see our progress!
Besides, have you ever been to 
a school where the students didn't need 
a notebook to write the lessons down?


Every week I choose one wonderful
visitor who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.

I know how much time and effort
it takes to leave a comment!
and I appreciate that soooo much!

This week Random Generator
chose #19, 
Janet of  JKW Art.
Visit her blog to see her charming
childlike drawings.

Sometimes I can't resist putting on
 my best pajamas 
and joining these blog parties!!!

10 comments:

  1. I love the colors in these...also the first one is such a great verse to meditate on...I have much to learn about being as faithful as the one I follow. Happy Sunday Patsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of the poor widow, and your picture depicts it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we are faithful to give all that we have to the Lord, He promises to give us back an abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blended backgrounds, captivating color and pattern, messages inspiring a girls heart... I browsed around enjoying it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciated this post, Patsy. I do believe that we need to continue to grow in our knowledge of the Lord, and in life's experiences so that we can be a blessing to others as we age. Thanks for challenging me, and reminding me of this truth. Your art is always such a blessing to me.
    Gratefully,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Patsy! Faith gives us the assurance that God is able to fulfill all His promises, and it builds confidence, permitting us to place our life in God’s care for safekeeping. I agree that keeping a journal to list our faithful desires and blessings is a great way to keep us faithful and thankful; I have been journaling for over a year now and it has impacted my life abundantly!

    Blessings and hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the verses you posted. It was super nice to have finally met you this afternoon. (((hugs)))

    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patsy, I so like that you have a story with your art, Jesus told stories and people gathered. Yes Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, and just having the opportunity to read your wonderful thoughts and see the cards has been inspirational. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Psalm 91 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great line of artwork again and love how you mentioned faithfulness and trusting in this blog. None of us is exempt from fearing what the future might bring but a true believer knows the promises of God through His Son, Jesus Christ which in turn eliminates any fear because we know that Jesus had already won the battle this life may bring so, as we continue to trust in Him, whether we live of die, we are in Him---we are more than conquerors through faith in Christ...Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this advice you give here, Patsy. I have seen the power of each one of these suggestions to increase faith. And...pooh! I need to remember to come over here and comment to try to win some of your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy