Friday, August 18, 2017

What God Has Joined

"What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." Matthew 19:6



While I was painting I was pondering about two things. One is that the marriage covenant was a symbol of our covenant with God. We are His bride, His precious one, beloved. He gave His life so we may have fullness of life. He is faithful and even if we are unfaithful and betray Him, He will not divorce us! 

The second thing was that marriage was like sandpaper. Marriages fail because two people, a man and a woman, so dissimilar by nature,  coming from different environments and cultures, expect to live happily ever after. But I think God instituted marriage as a way to "perfect" people, to smoothen our rough edges. In marriage, we have to practice the lessons in the Bible, loving, forgiving, forgiving again and again and again. The way God forgives us!!!! 



Father, thank You for Your love which is eternal and will not fade even when I turn my back on You. Help me to love and persevere in loving. Help me to practice the 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy