Saturday, December 22, 2018

I Rejoice!

“My spirit rejoices in God my Savior!” Luke 1:46




As Christmas approaches, can we rejoice with Mary in the magnificent gift of our Savior? Or are we too caught up in the many things we have to do, gift buying and wrapping, cooking, attending parties, and decorating? Have we taken the time to slow down and spend some moments with the birthday celebrant, appreciating His many gifts to us? Yes, it is His birthday we celebrate, but He is the One bearing gifts! He came into our broken, angry, dissatisfied world, because He is the only One who could save us from ourselves. 




God our Father gave His only begotten Son to be formed in Mary’s womb. That in itself is mind boggling! But just as He carefully formed Jesus in Mary, He also forms His Son in us. That is what God wants to do in the life of a Christian. Just as God’s creative Word brought Jesus into our world, His Word can bring us new life and make us new creatures! 




I acknowledge that I’m a bigger mess than I’ll ever know and I would not want to welcome anyone into the pettiness of my mind. The amazing thing is our Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all did and are doing what they can to mend what is broken in me, heal what is sick, guide me when I am lost, and free me when I’m trapped in a mess of my own making. That’s why I rejoice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy