Tuesday, October 06, 2020

One Thing

"Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things.  There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her." Luke 10:41-42




What is the ONE THING? 


I guess we can come up with different answers, but I think it is having a relationship with Jesus. That is how to be a Mary in a Martha world. Martha's world is full of deadlines, an avalanche of email, a never ending series of to-dos and want-to-dos. The world of today is maddeningly kinetic, a breeding ground of distraction, and it's hard to find the time to nurture our most important relationship. 


Commandment number ONE is to love The Lord with all our heart, soul and strength, with everything in us! That's the ONE thing, that's number ONE! 


Lord, I want that one thing! Help me to slow down and savor Your love for me! Help me to sit at Your feet and learn from You!


Stormie Omartian said, "If we don't deliberately build our lives around these "garden walks" with the Lord, the world will rapidly and relentlessly fill our hours with other commitments." I attended a prayer meeting this weekend and the speaker said that just as we should only go out of our homes for essential things, we should also fill our lives with essential matters. What are the things we do that have eternal consequences? Let us put more time into those things than wasting time on non-essentials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy