Monday, December 21, 2020

Search the Scriptures

“Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.” Luke 1:45




These were the words uttered by Elizabeth to Mary when her cousin entered her home. Indeed, any one of us will be blessed if we just believe in God’s words, His promises. Today, it is so easy to search the Bible for “hidden treasure”. Some people use the ‘GoldHunter’ metal detector that uses smart phone virtual reality to find gold. We can use google search to find treasures far more valuable than gold!


We can discover promises for any challenge we are facing, any problem we need an answer for, any frustration we have to deal with. Because I still am in need of healing, I printed out healing verses and attached them to my wall, and I read and confess them several times a day. In Proverbs 4:20-22, we read, “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life into those that find them and health to all their flesh.” God’s word is like medicine to our bodies! But it is not magic that we can expect results right away! We need to believe, we need faith. 


Jesus gives us this secret: “Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.”  (Mark 11:23) How do I believe and not doubt, we ask, if faith in God’s word is essential to receiving His promises? 


The answer lies in Romans 10::17 “... Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God”. Like Mary, who treasured and pondered the word in her heart, as it says in Luke 2:19, we need to do the same. This is why I preach to myself daily, why I write these things down, and share it, so my faith will grow. I need my faith to grow, not only for myself, but for the many people and situations I pray for daily. The Lord is faithful, we will not be disappointed if we put our trust in Him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy