Sunday, December 20, 2020

Start Today!

“Here I am living in a house of cedar, while the ark of God dwells in a tent!” 2 Samuel 7:3



Many archaeologists have tried to find the remains of King David’s palace. Excavations in Jerusalem have yielded ruins of fortified cities, stepped stone structures, elegant pottery and ivory which was not usually found in a regular house, dating from the time of King David. David lived in a magnificent palace, while the Ark of the Covenant was put in a lowly tent. David wanted to build God a more fitting place to dwell in and he said, 

“I had it in my heart to build a house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD and for the footstool of our God, and I made preparations for building. But God said to me, ‘You may not build a house for my name, for you are a man of war and have shed blood” (1 Chron 28:2-3). 

Just as the Ark of the Covenant was perfectly content to be housed in a simple tent, so did the King of the Universe choose a humble servant girl to carry Him into the world. Inside the Ark of the Covenant were the stone tablets of the Law, the manna from the wilderness, and the rod of Aaron, the proof of true priesthood. Inside Mary’s womb was the Word made flesh, the Bread of Life, and the actual and Eternal High Priest. The Holy Spirit overshadowed and indwelled the Ark just as the Spirit overshadowed and indwelled Mary. 

Is it not amazing that the God who created the universe chose Mary, a peasant young girl of no prestige? This shows that God does not think like man at all! In Isaiah 55:8-9 we read, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

This tells me that no one, absolutely no one is too poor, too ignorant, too insignificant, to be a Christ-bearer. Each one of us can bring the good news to a world badly in need of good news! There is no better time to start than today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy