Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Heavy Laden

"Come to me, all you who labor 

and are heavy laden, 

and I will give you rest. 

Take my yoke upon you and 

LEARN from me... 

And you will find rest for yourselves..." 

Matthew 11:28-30




Sometimes I picture God 

shaking His head in frustration. 

He has already given us 

His 'instruction manual', 

how to live so that we will have peace 

in the midst of confusion, 

joy in spite of sadness and pain, 

wholeness and strength 

in spite of circumstances around us 

trying to destroy what we have. 

Jesus says LEARN from me. 

Listen to me, follow me. 

Instead we want to do it, "My way!"


Imagine if we didn't know how to drive 

and we bought a really nice car and 

didn't read the manual that the 

manufacturers carefully put together 

so that the car would run at its optimum. 

Could we get far using it? 

Through trial and error?


That's what we do with our lives when we 

don't read our instruction manual, the Bible! 

I think when we get to Heaven and see 

our 'manufacturer' face to face and talk to Him, 

we're going to say, "If only 

I took You more seriously! 

It would have saved me a lot of pain and frustration!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy