Sunday, March 06, 2022

Angels Watching Over Me

For to His angels He has given command about you that they may guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11




I don't contemplate much about angels, but I do know they are nothing like the cherubic images we see in figurines or children's books! They are WARRIORS!!!




I like to think of having my own set of warriors following me and guarding me- or at least one of them anyway!!!




There are a whole lot of verses about angels in the Bible, 273 to be exact. The word "angel" comes from the Greek aggelos which means messenger.




God sends angels to protect us (Exodus 23, Psalm 34:7), patrol the earth like watchmen in the night (Zech. 1:10), remove dangers (Mt. 13:14), and send God's messages to us. Perhaps we don't recognize their voice like Joseph or Job, but they minister to us the same way they ministered to Jesus after the devil tempted Him in Luke 4:1-13. We can read in Hebrews 1:14 that angels are ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation.


Once I was very near an accident. We were stuck in traffic and a truck crashed into a car right beside us. The car could have veered towards us. My husband was watching helplessly from the rear view mirror as he saw the truck approach and hit the car. I heard the crash and turned to see the car's back crushed underneath the big truck’s front. Amazingly no one was hurt in this accident! 


I think angels were at work there! Thank you Lord for the warrior angels you send to protect us and our loved ones, and also minister to us when we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy