Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Servant Heart

“But the greatest among you shall be your servant." Matthew 23:11




Who is the greatest among us? In our home, it is our ate Lucy, our helper. Ate Lucy prepares our breakfast, lunch and dinner. She is tireless. She cleans our house, washes and irons our clothes, and organizes my junk! I never need to tell her what to do because she anticipates already our requirements. Even if I tell her to rest or take a nap in the afternoons, she prefers to work in the garden. I tease her that when we go to heaven, I will stay at her house because for sure Jesus will prepare a big house for her. 


Ate Lucy has a heart of gold! I truly appreciate her genuine care and concern for our family. She is my example of a true servant who loves God and her neighbor. Love always has to be our highest goal. God made us for a purpose, and that purpose, whatever that may be, when boiled down to its very essence, is loving and serving Him, and loving and serving others. 


This Lent, there are many ways we can 'be greater' by serving those who serve us. Let us be creative and look for ways to say we appreciate what others do for us. Lord, help us to be like You, to have a servant and generous heart.



follow me on my Instagram account http://instagram.com/blooming_in_gods_garden




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy