Friday, March 11, 2022

Righteousness

Jesus said to his disciples: “I tell you, unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter into the Kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 5:20




We all want our prayers to be effective and powerful, but who is righteous? In Isaiah 64:6, we read that our righteousness is filthy rags before God!!!


I did some treasure hunting and I was ecstatic to find an abundance of verses in the Bible where Christ's righteousness passes to our account! We do not have a righteousness of our own, but it comes from our faith in Christ. 


"We are justified in the eyes of God, JUST-AS-IF-I'D never sinned"! (David J. Stewart)


And so we can pray in confidence to a God who made a way for us!


Here are the verses about the imputed (to pass to one's account) righteousness of Christ:


“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” 2 Corinthians 5:21


“I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” Isaiah 61:10


“Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.” Romans 10:4 


“But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile.” Romans 3:21-22


“He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24


“For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.” Romans 5:19



follow me on my Instagram account http://instagram.com/blooming_in_gods_garden 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy