Thursday, March 10, 2022

Scrapbook of Adventures with God

“As a child I used to hear from the books of my forefathers that you, O Lord, always free those who are pleasing to you. Now help me, who am alone and have no one but you, O Lord, my God.” Esther C:14




Queen Esther's prayer in the Book of Esther, part of the Jewish Tanakh, also known in Hebrew as the “Scroll”, is beautiful, but I have one complaint.


“From birth, I have heard among my people that you, O Lord, chose Israel among all nations, as a lasting inheritance, and that you fulfilled all your promises to them," she prayed. Should not she have had personal experiences of God answering her prayers  and keeping His promises? We should all make sure we have a personal relationship with our Father, that we have stories to go back on, to remember, to relish. 


Just as I write in my diary about what happens in my day, I also make sure to put down what I want to remember about my journey with God. I have many scrapbooks of pictures and memorabilia about our travels, and my son’s growing up years. I also make sure I have a scrapbook of my adventures with my Father in heaven. These are like memorial stones, just like the Jews placed when they traveled to their promised land. From the books of Joshua, we know that the Jews left a series of monuments of stones piled up in different locations which would serve as a national reminder of God’s work in their lives. To them, this was a constant sign of Yahweh’s love, that He was working mightily on their behalf. 


How about us? Do we have this personal relationship with God? Do we make sure to remember what He has done for us, and what He has said to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy