Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Healed!

"Do you want to be healed?" John 5:6


In John 4:48, Jesus asked the crowd in Cana, "Must I do miraculous signs and wonders before you people will believe in Me?" 

Here in the next chapter of John, Jesus meets a man who had been sick for 38 years. Jesus asked him, "Do you want to be healed?" What a question! It should have been answered with an eager "YES!!!" But the man responded, "I can't sir," and gave an excuse why. 

How about us? There is always something we need healing from. It may be a physical condition, but it may also be that we need freedom from attitudes that keep us from reaching our full potential, from being our best. We may be sick from unforgiveness or ingratitude or anger or hurt. Jesus asks us, "Do you want to be healed?" 

I remember my sister telling me that she was talking to someone with plenty of ailments. My sister was offering to give her healing verses from the Bible which is like medicine to our bodies (Proverbs 4:20). The lady did not want it, and instead continued to talk about her sicknesses like they were an essential part of her. Perhaps very much like the man Jesus spoke to who had been living with his paralysis for 38 years. I do believe that Jesus wants to heal us from whatever it is that keeps us bound. 

We should not get so used to our illnesses that we do not say eagerly to Jesus, " Yes, Lord, I want to be healed. Let it be done to me according to Your Word. I will pay attention to what You say. I will let it penetrate deeply into my heart for it brings life to all who find them and healing to our whole body." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy