Thursday, March 09, 2017

A Lasting Heritage

"You, O Lord, chose Israel from among all peoples, as a lasting heritage..." Esther C:16


Imagine if you were part of a chosen people, a royal family with an amazing heritage, but you didn't know it. Would it make a difference in your life? I was just reading about Gwenllian, the only heir of Llywelyn the Last, called so because he was the last native Prince of Wales. After King Edward invaded and took their land, Llywelyn was killed and his baby girl, Gwenllian, was held captive in Sempringham Priory for the rest of her life. She eventually became a nun, but she lived knowing almost nothing of her lineage, heritage or history. 


We too are part of a special people, a holy nation. We are a people set apart. Do we know our story? In Ephesians 1:4-14, we should know that God chose us for His very own even before the world was created. He adopted us, and we have a full inheritance in Him, like the people of Israel. It is important that we know who we are! 

Lord, may I always delight in being Your daughter, chosen and loved by You! May I know about the great men and women who walked before me, my great heritage. May I learn from their lives how to honor You and give You glory as my Father. And may I also always have the confidence to approach You and ask You for what I need and even want because You are my Father who loves me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy