Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Greatest!

"But the greatest among you shall be your servant." Matthew 23:11



Who is the greatest among us? In our home, it is our ate Lucy, my helper. Without her, I will find it very difficult to read my Bible, pray, paint and write what I share in the morning. Ate Lucy prepares our breakfast, lunch and dinner. She is tireless. She cleans our house, washes and irons our clothes, and takes care of our plants in the garden. I never need to tell her what to do because she does far more than what she has to. She has a heart of gold! 

Love always has to be our highest goal. God made us for a purpose, and that purpose, whatever that may be, when boiled down to its very essence, is loving and serving Him, and loving and serving others. 

This Lent, there are many ways we can 'be greater' by serving those who serve us. Let us be creative and look for ways to say we appreciate what others do for us. Lord, help us to be like You, to have a servant and generous heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy