Saturday, March 04, 2017

Malicious Speech?

"If you remove from your midst oppression, false accusation and malicious speech; if you bestow bread on the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; then light shall rise for you in the darkness...and the Lord will guide you always..." Isaiah 58:9-11



What is easier to do, give food to a beggar or stop gossiping? I do not know why it is so hard to stop talking about the affairs of others, even brothers and sisters in our church or prayer meetings! It usually comes under the guise of "needing" to know the circumstances so we can pray about it. There's a fine line between concern and compassion for others and delighting in idle talk about happenings we need not concern ourselves with. 



In James 1:26, we read, "If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue...this person's religion is worthless." Lord, for Lent, may I be more aware of those habits that make my "religion" worthless! May I be victorious over being nosy! These days, it is also so easy to spread rumors, fake news and alternative facts. Lord, may I be responsible in the use of social media and make sure I do not pass on anything that is even remotely false or malicious. 

1 comment:

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy