Thursday, March 30, 2017

Standing in the Gap

"Why O Lord should your wrath blaze up against your own people..." 
Exodus 32:11



God has emotions and He is not lukewarm. He is intense and gets blazing mad about disobedience. When the Jews were crazy enough to make a god out of gold and put an altar in front of it, He got infuriated with them. "I see how stubborn and rebellious these people are!" Moses had to plead with Him not to destroy them. 

"Turn away from Your fierce anger. Remember Your covenant with Your servants!" I think it is fascinating that the Lord relented after Moses' intervention. 

We can be like Moses too. There are spiritual battles going on around us. Is there strife in the office? In the neighborhood? In our country? Is God happy about the disunity and cursing and killings in our country? 
Throughout the Bible, God searches for people willing to put on spiritual armor and fight for righteousness and peace to prevail in the land. God said in Ezekiel 22:30, "And I searched for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found no one" 
Today, will He find us standing in the gap for our country like Moses?

If we think we are powerless, we need to realize that we have a greater intercessor than Moses at our side. Jesus is our intercessor. With all our sins and failings, Jesus stands between us and the Father, caked in blood, and His wrath is stilled. 

Thank You Jesus for being at our side always. I am more than a conqueror because You have conquered the enemy for me. And I can stand in the gap unafraid because You go ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy