Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Ask Me for a Sign


On my desk today.





“Ask for a sign...” Isaiah 7:10



In a somewhat surprising turn of events, God sent a message to King Ahaz through the awesome prophet Isaiah. “Ask me for a sign...” He said. Ahaz at this time was worried and afraid of the enemies arrayed against him. “You do not believe me? If you want me to protect you, learn to BELIEVE what I say!” God said. 

Today, there may not be prophets of the stature of Isaiah, but I believe that we all can speak to the Lord, hear Him and know His mind. Our Father would desire nothing more than His children come to Him and ask for what we need. Jesus left the earth so we can have the greatest gift of the Holy Spirit and we can learn to live in a way that the Spirit can work powerfully in us. We just need to read and study the Bible to unlock this great power available to us. 

“And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out my Spirit upon ALL flesh; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men see visions: And also upon the servants and handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit. And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.” Joel 2:28-30

Do we want to be part of the outpouring of God’s Spirit? I do. The Bible is not just a bunch of fairy tales and legends. In it, God reveals His mind, how He loves us, and wants to anoint us. But it’s not going to happen if we don’t take the Word of God seriously, if we fill our minds with the unceasing chatter on TV, the memes on social media or gossip from our friends. 

Lord, teach us how to walk in Your supernatural, world-changing, healing, creative power. I ask that You give us a sign, a revelation of how we can align ourselves with what You are doing in the world right now. 

1 comment:

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy