Thursday, October 04, 2018

The Bounty of the Lord

“I believe that I shall see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13




I don’t know about you but with me it seems as if God waits until the last minute to show up. Like when I was wondering how we were going to finish our house, and there wasn’t any money left. I remember praying and praying, and I forget now what it was God showed me, but I knew I wasn’t going to sink. Even without me asking, my mom came to the rescue and said, “I have money reserved for you.” 


Then there are occasions when God comes at just the right time you just know He’s there. Like when my family was having a conference with an Organizational Development Expert and she asked me what I did the day before. If she asked me what I was doing an hour before I could not have answered because  my brain is like a sieve with holes in it. But amazingly, the day before, I wrote down ALL of my tasks, and it was long and messy and detailed, and even had the time. Now who else but God would give me the inspiration to do that?!?




Every day God shows up for me, and I see His bounty. When I read the Bible, I know the Holy Spirit is there or else I won’t be able to preach to myself, let alone to others. I know God meets me exactly where I am, with all the failures in my past, and stupidity, and messiness. I just have to make myself available. God is the only one who will accept us exactly as we are! No condemnation! That is why we can claim the good things He has for us now and in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy