Saturday, January 04, 2020

Come and You will See


“Come and you will see.” John 1:39




In U.P. High School, a couple of men from Gideon Bible came and spoke to my class about reading the Bible. Before they gave us these really cute Bibles, they made us promise to read it. I promised, but I stopped a few chapters into it because of some passages I disagreed with. In U.P. College, I was invited to join a Campus Crusade for Christ group. I thought the group was composed of dull students who didn't have friends, but I liked the Australian leader who invited me out for ice cream. She was the one who would say, "Come and see." 


After college, I remember that it was my mom who would invite me and my siblings to all the Christian rallies and Bible Studies. It did not matter if it was Catholic or not. I do not know how many times we went to the front to accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. I cannot count how many times I joined a Life in the Spirit seminar and was prayed over. After one of those baptisms in the Holy Spirit, the Bible came alive for me. I would read and read and mark almost every line with a yellow pencil. 


Lord, thank You for all those people who said come and see in different ways. I have, through the years, seen Your face, and heard Your voice! May I also invite others to experience the fullness of life You offer me every single day! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Patsy. I’m your follower in Ig and fb (liking, reacting or silently reading through your posts).

    I’m really curious as to the passage in the Bible you said you disagreed with when you read it in high school. And I’m also curious if you still disagree with that passage through the years?

    God first revealed Himself to me in a very personal way in UP Diliman thru vigilant CCC members. And He also used my Christian classmates in UP College of Nursing to follow through.

    I praise Him for how He mysteriously works in the lives of His people... how He makes them willing in the day of His power.

    I praise God for people He uses to spread His Word in many different ways. I praise Him for you and your life.

    Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy