Monday, January 13, 2020

Fishers of Men


“Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Mark 1:17




Can you imagine what Simon and his brother Andrew thought when Jesus invited them to be fishers of men? They were busy casting their nets into the sea, busy making a living because they had to support their families. What a bother Jesus was with His crazy invitation to catch men instead of fish! 


What if Jesus approached us this very day with this absurd suggestion? What would our answer be? What?! Taal is erupting, I have to take care of my house, our water, our pets, decide whether to go to work or stay at home! I can’t think of catching men just yet! Every day, we can find a really good reason not to start being fishers of men. But imagine if Simon and Andrew, James and John just flat out said no to Jesus? They wouldn’t have gone on the greatest adventure of their life! 


Jesus extends that same invitation to each of us. All we need to do is follow Him. He will lead the way. 



 A picture of Taal spewing mad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy