Tuesday, January 28, 2020

New Family


“Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.” Mark 3:35




We can’t pick and choose our family, we are born into one. I thank God all the time for my family. Our parents brought us up simply and well. We were all taught the virtues of loving God, honesty, and working hard. We have all heard so many sad stories of people who grew up in less than ideal family situations. Either the father or mother is an alcoholic, or a gambler, or a drug user, or all three. They can’t keep a job, they physically and emotionally abuse their children, etc In the He Cares Voluntutor program for street children, they not only tutor the children academically, they also need to teach the parents how to encourage their children to study. This is because a lot of parents hinder their children’s ability to learn by saying things like, “You’re stupid! You just can’t do it!” 


Isn’t it wonderful that whatever kind of family we came from, we can be part of a whole new family? A family with a royal bloodline? That is exactly what Jesus is saying here, whoever does the will of God is part of His family! We can have new brothers and sisters if we join a Bible based Christian group or fellowship. In my community, Ang Ligaya ng Panginoon (Joy of the Lord), I am surrounded by loving, encouraging, supportive, and prayerful brothers and sisters that I joyfully journey with on my pilgrim walk to our heavenly home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy