Sunday, April 12, 2020

Awesome Gift!

“We don't know where they put Him!" John 20:2




As a woman, I can imagine myself in Mary Magdalene' place. I would not have had a good sleep...who could, after seeing someone you love crucified! I would have asked others to walk with me to Jesus' tomb early in the morning, just as I did when I walked to where my mother lay in her coffin at 4 in the morning. It was very dark and all I wanted was to be with her, just one last time. So I can fully understand Mary.  Perhaps she wanted to pour out her fears, her sorrow, her dashed hopes, despair even. 


But because Mary went, she is given a gift. She does not know what it means at first. Sometimes, even most of the time, God's gifts are shrouded in mystery. And like all gifts, there is an anticipation, a hope, then a revelation. We only realize its significance, its worth, when we stay close, trusting, and we ponder like Mary, the mother of Jesus. She whose heart was pierced, “treasured all these things and reflected on them in her heart." (Luke 2:19) 


The revelation of Easter, Resurrection Sunday, is not something we should keep for ourselves. Like Mary Magdalene, after unwrapping the gift and realizing its value, we should go out and share it with others. “This is what I found out! HOPE is alive! All Jesus said was true! IS true! ALL His promises!"


Because Jesus rose from the dead, as He said He would, we should go back to ALL He said and live the way He said we should live, so we can have ALL He promised we could have! Thank you Lord for this absolutely marvelous awesome gift!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy