Saturday, April 04, 2020

Desolation

My dwelling shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Ezekiel 37:27



In the beginning of Ezekiel chapter 37, Ezekiel describes his vision of a lifeless valley of very dry bones. It’s a desert. As Ezekiel gazes at this desolation, God asks him, “Can these bones live? Can they ever have life in them again?” Ezekiel answers that only God could ever know that. But looking at the bones, it seems as if all hope is gone. 


God then tells Ezekiel to speak to the bones on the ground. He tells them to, “Hear the word of Yahweh, hear the word of God.” God will then bring breath, the Holy Spirit, a new wind, to these bones and they will live again and in this vision God does just that.


When we look at the future, it seems just as bleak as this valley of dry bones. Economists are predicting a slow down in world economies, as much as 40% less than last year. Business has ground to a halt, and it will be difficult to get back on track. The stock market has taken a dive. 


If we look at this scenario, let us gaze through God’s eyes instead. He is doing a new thing, a major reset. Only He can bring a fresh, new wind through this desolation. He says, “Hear My Word, read My Word,” and I will dwell among you, and guide you, and you shall be my people once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy