Thursday, December 16, 2021

Make Room for God!

“Enlarge the space for your tent, ​spread out your tent cloths unsparingly; ​lengthen your ropes and make firm your stakes…” Isaiah 54:2




When I read scripture, I usually ask questions, and reading this passage in Isaiah, I asked, “What does this mean?” And I was happy to read the answer in Anawim, 

a daily meditation book: 


“We must make room for God in our lives! This is always a challenge for us. It involves not only ridding ourselves of what gets in the way of God’s coming, but also an expansion of our hearts in love. God calls us to open our hearts to him and to all the people whom he sends us in our daily lives. Of course, he is looking for more than our own human capacity of love; he is looking for a ‘space’ within us into which his own love can be poured, and from which it can overflow to others.”


In our every day life, God always, always, gives us opportunities to show love, to speak love, to be love. The challenge is to catch it, to see it, to take advantage of the chance to be a blessing to others. My brother told me recently that he uses Facebook to encourage, to inspire, to be a help to others. What is the use if not for that? he asked. 


Reading about tents made me remember the first time we went camping as a family. My son was still a toddler, and it was quite hot inside the tent even if we were at the beach. My husband stayed up almost all night fanning Josh and myself to keep the air circulating while we slept. That was a long time ago, but my husband has never wavered in his loving service for me, and Josh, our bigger family, brothers and sisters in our community, etc. I am surrounded by people who are an inspiration and example to me of how to love. 💕💕💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy