Sunday, January 23, 2022

Jealous of the Stars

“And from that day on, Saul was jealous of David.” 
1 Samuel 18: 



Jealousy. We are all eaten up by it some time or another in different degrees. Here we have King Saul, powerful, rich, famous, and he feels jealous of David who killed Goliath the giant. All the women are now crazy about David and sing ditties about him, “Saul has slain his thousands, ​and David his ten thousands.” Instead of being glad that he has a hero in his midst, someone who can help him with his battles, Saul is bitter and resentful and PLANS to kill David! I doubt if anyone I know has been jealous enough to think of killing anyone, but we can see how sin progresses. Saul has been disobedient to the Lord and Saul knows he has lost God’s favor. He wants to kill his rival, David, who has God’s favor. 

Instead of asking forgiveness and repenting, Saul feeds his rebellious nature and puts himself in an even worse position with the Lord. Sometimes, we just don’t know how to count our blessings! American country music artist Gary Allan said, “ You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars.”

Father, if there is anything in me just a tiny bit rebellious against You, please root it out at the start. Reveal to me what does not please You and help me to be victorious over it. May I be always grateful for who I am, where I am and what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy